Under general supervision, verifies the financial status and operating procedures of the institution through a systematic program of audits. Interacts with administrative and enforcement agencies; monitors systems and solves problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in development of the institution’s annual audit plan.
- Manages performance of audit assignments, reviews workpapers and audit reports; edits reports prepared by other auditors.
- Schedules and plans audits; initiates project planning, assess risk and develops audit direction.
- Performs preliminary planning and establishes direction for audits, provides leadership to assigned auditors, manage project to quality outcomes, while meeting established time budget.
- Performs audit work, including plan preparation, workpapers, finding, and associated reports; verifies the accuracy of financial records as they pertain to assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures, and related transactions.
- Coordinates and interacts with Regents, administrators, faculty, and staff, and with external audit and law enforcement agencies, as needed; may be required to testify in court; may also be required to interact with university students and alumni, and with vendors doing business with the university.
- Consults with and advises university administrators, faculty, and staff on operational and administrative issues.
- Trains new staff, as needed.
- Keeps abreast of university policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions, and changes in local, state, and federal laws, as applicable.
- Coordinates and interacts with audit firms performing external audits of university financial statements.
- Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Develops and provides training to university departments as requested.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Address Saudi Arabia
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10+