The role of the Chief Engineer / Expert provides vision and leadership to the delivery of Dam, Levee and Civil Works projects. There is a long tradition in the Civil Works industry of the “Engineer of Record” and a Chief Engineer being in responsible charge of major flood control, dam or levee design. Within HDR, the Chief Engineer will engage throughout the project cycle, including project capture strategy, upfront risk review and staff assignments, project delivery in an execution lead role and/or QA/QC role, and project close out, with an overarching focus on technical leadership and risk management .
- Benchmark and establish technical development goals for their area of responsibility
- Devise and implement plans for each phase of the technical development plan
- identifies key hires and works with Area and Business Group representatives to recruit new expertise
- Leads critical projects or serves as project principal driving technical delivery in cooperation with project manager.
- Manages production workload for the area. Has a key understanding of work load needs, staffing resources and collaborates within HDR matrix to work share and deliver projects and programs
- Is responsible to the Market Sector manager to deliver quality work to our clients
- Supervises discipline leads in the center of expertise to promote quality delivery
- Has coordination responsibilities to the Dam Levee and Civil Works Business class team to ensure consistency with risk management goals established during MOA and PARR reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering specialty such as civil, structural or geotechnical engineering with a broad understanding of supporting disciplines.
- A minimum of 15 years of related experience, including 5+ years in a supervisory role, preferably managing a team of ten or more engineers and an outstanding record of successful projects
- Must have experience in Dam Projects / Irrigation Systems Projects
- Masters degree in engineering is a Must , PHD is plus.
How To Apply
How candidate can apply for your job. You can leave your contact information to receive hard copy application or any detailed guide for application.
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 15-20